Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- 5 years of executive compensation experience at one or more large corporate employers or a leading consulting firm
- Proven expertise in design and effective administration of incentive compensation programs, including short-term, long-term and equity programs
- Experience designing and administering Performance Stock Unit (PSU) plans based on financial and operational metrics
- Possess a high level of integrity and discretion and established brand of being widely trusted, direct and truthful
- Strong executive presence, critical thinking and the ability to manage and lead through change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels within the enterprise, including the Board of Directors
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations/legislation that impacts executive total rewards programs (e.g. 401(k), Internal Revenue Code Section 409A, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Pay Act, Dodd Frank, Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent expertise in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or another related field
- Legal experience with Executive Compensation matters
- Professional certifications such Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP), Certified Equity Professional (CEP), etc.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency and strong people skills
- Experience using Human Resources and Compensation systems (e.g. Workday, Morgan Stanley Shareworks/Global Intelligence, Payscale, Payfactors, Equilar, etc.)
- Experience in completing due diligence analysis for mergers and acquisitions
- Awareness of best practices for payroll processing of executive compensation and ability to collaborate with multiple partners to implement change as needed
As the Director of Executive Compensation, you'll be an advanced leader who leads a team largely focused on the company’s stock compensation program, executive compensation and stock purchase program. You'll oversee the design, implementation and administration of processes for executive compensation programs and build strong working relationships with disparate stakeholders (e.g., Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Investor Relations, Executive Team, etc.) while balancing the art and science of compensation to see beyond the numbers and drive for alignment on what is best for the business. Your expertise is crucial in consulting with key stakeholders to recommend executive compensation and benefits practices and program enhancements.
- Administer the company’s executive compensation and equity plans and programs utilizing applicable vendor tools (e.g., Workday, Morgan Stanley Shareworks/Global Intelligence, Equilar, etc.)
- Conduct competitive executive compensation benchmarking, including job matching, data analytics, job pricing and executive compensation survey submissions
- Prepare the Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A), relevant tables, and other content for the annual proxy statement, coordinating with legal, accounting and other partners
- Work closely with Independent Compensation Committee Consultant on Compensation Committee material preparation and disclosure in the proxy statement
- Provide input into other compensation-related filings and compensation disclosures, including Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Design and administer processes for company’s broad-based equity program
- Prepare materials, agenda and planning for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- Assist Compensation Committee Chair with the management of the Independent Compensation Committee Consultant relationship
- Maintain records of decisions made and approvals granted for the purposes of administration
- Manage and coordinates applicable vendor relationships for the execution of plans and programs
- Serve as a single point of contact for senior leaders within the organization to provide information and consultation on their total rewards package
- Assist in the due diligence analysis for mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions
- Provide feedback to team members regularly on their learning and development opportunities
- Complete and deliver annual performance and compensation reviews for team members
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.