Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- 7 years of leadership experience
- 8 years of payroll and tax experience
- Demonstrated and trusted ability to make decisions and think critically through an escalated situation with little to no guidance
- Ability to deliver feedback to leaders across the organization, including senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, human resources (HR) or another related field
- Relevant professional certifications, such as Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
As the Senior Director, Payroll, you'll create and implement the strategic vision for your business area. You'll lead a team of leaders and team members who carry out payroll and tax processes, ensuring a seamless experience for team members. You'll partner with internal and external partners to tie threads across the organization.
- Partner with senior leadership to determine the strategic direction of the team, business area and organization, including defining and setting objectives and key results (OKRs) that align with team and business goals
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the payroll function from start to finish
- Design payroll processes that ensure compliance with state, federal and internal regulations and provide a seamless team member experience
- Document payroll processes, timelines and expectations to create repeatable and efficient processes
- Partner with senior leaders and direct reports to optimize payroll processes
- Stay up to date on payroll regulations to implement and communicate process changes as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with external auditors, state and federal agencies
- Partner closely with internal teams such as tax, finance, compensation and legal to tie threads across the organization
- Create, communicate and embody the culture, vision and overall direction of the team
- Lead, guide and evaluate the work of direct report leaders, including administering/completing the performance evaluation process
- Lead the development of the team by sharing feedback and providing resources/training as needed
- Direct the onboarding and training of new members through the creation of training plans and assigning mentors
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices through attending professional workshops, reviewing professional publications, etc. to identify and implement process improvements
- Work on projects outside the scope and impact of the direct team as needed
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.