- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with CRM and Project Management software (e.g., Salesforce, Trello, Asana) - training available
- Experience with data analysis and reporting tools
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, with a strong background in leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; advanced degree in a related field is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading initiatives focused on arts access and/or cultural programming
- Philanthropic grant-making experience preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
As the Director of Arts and Culture at the Gilbert Family Foundation (GFF), you'll oversee strategic philanthropic efforts within Detroit’s vibrant arts and culture sector. You'll be at the forefront of enhancing access to diverse and inclusive programming, while strengthening Detroit’s social infrastructure and building pathways to economic mobility for artists and creatives. The Gilbert Family Foundation Arts and Culture strategy is specifically tailored to the needs and priorities of Detroiters burdened by housing challenges. The role demands a deep understanding of the arts in Detroit, strategic decision-making, and exceptional leadership of other Arts and Culture professionals within the organization. You should possess strong skills in relationship-building, team leadership and organizational management. Reporting to the Vice President of Detroit Community Initiatives, you will serve as a dynamic ambassador for the Foundation's mission.
- Oversee the Arts and Culture grantmaking portfolio, managing new and existing grant agreements
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies that align with the Foundation’s Detroit objectives focused on serving residents at risk of displacement
- Lead the Arts and Culture team, promoting a culture of collaboration, equity and continuous learning
- Act as the main point of contact for the Foundation’s grant with Cranbrook Academy of Art and Cranbrook Art Museum
- Cultivate and manage the Foundation's relationship with Pensole Lewis College of Business and Design, spearheading programming, and sponsorship initiatives to support the institution
- Implement strategic funding decisions to establish and nurture impactful partnerships, with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Collaborate with other GFF teams to align efforts and maximize impact
- Explore, research and present new partnership opportunities to amplify impact
- Utilize data-driven approaches to track, measure and report on the effectiveness and impact of Arts & Culture initiatives
- Develop Objectives and Key Results that align with organization and team’s strategy
- Respond to internal and external funding inquiries
- Represent the Foundation in public forums, media engagements and community events, advocating for arts and culture priorities
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
The Gilbert Family Foundation is committed to growing opportunity and equity in Detroit and accelerating a cure for neurofibromatosis.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.