Rock Events is a premiere team of event professionals who provide event production, business travel and hospitality services to Rocket Companies, in additional to venue sales for some of the most sought-after event spaces in the city of Detroit. Borne out of the Rock Family of Companies, Rock Events has managed many of Detroit’s largest gatherings for more than a decade.
- 2 years of experience in the hospitality industry
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility to work unusual hours, including nights and weekends
As a Ticketing and Hospitality Manager, you'll be part of the Rock Central Events team, dedicated to providing exceptional experiences for our clients that meet objectives and impresses attendees.
- Promote and distribute tickets for sporting and cultural events in cities where our offices are located (and other cities upon leadership request)
- Create proposed distribution plans for each season of sporting events and cultural events, plus pop-up events as they arise (plans will be created to allocate ticket blocks to teams around the Rock Family of Companies for distribution at the discretion of leadership; for some events, enter-to-win or contests may be run)
- Manage incoming “one-off” ticket requests and get approvals/declines for fulfilling requests
- Buy tickets (where not included in sponsorship packages) and maintain inventory of both electronic and physical tickets
- Place catering orders for suites and other ticketed events that include hospitality
- Maintain records of all requests and tickets allocated; arrange for payment of all ticketing- and hospitality-related invoices, while tracking all expenses
- Communicate clearly with business leaders what their ticketing opportunities are and what benefits are included
- Communicate event details with ticket winners (which could include timing, transportation, ticket pickup, food and beverage inclusions, and more)
- Manage ticketing allocation and distribution for large-scale events such as the Rocket Mortgage Classic, etc.
- Manage hospitality volunteers for events, which includes anticipating volunteer needs, scheduling, sending shift information, communicating attire needs, etc.
- Host VIP guests within hospitality areas
- Mentor the Ticketing & Hospitality Intern, which could include monitoring their workload and providing coaching and direction
- Occasionally required to be on-site to host team member hospitality in suites or other areas
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.