Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Must be a recently transitioned military veteran, military spouse, or actively serving National Guard or Reservist
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Proven work experience in desktop support or a similar role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Client-oriented mindset
- Strong documentation skills
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of Office 365 products
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management
- Knowledge of basic computer peripherals
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
The Rocket Companies Tour of Duty program is an exclusive 6-month program designed to give recently transitioned military veterans, military spouses, or actively serving National Guard & Reservists the opportunity to gain priceless, hands-on experience at an award-winning company. As the Tour of Duty Associate, you'll learn how it feels to be in the civilian workplace, participate in events around the city you'll be working in and become a valuable member of our team. Are you the type of person who strives to make a difference?
- Field incoming help requests from the queue; reach out to team members via phone, email and live chat to resolve the issue (ex: hardware, software, etc.)
- Conduct remote troubleshooting to help fix issues
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Walk team members through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Participate in moving and reconnecting technology from space to space
- Set up hardware, including PCs, monitors, phones, keyboard and mouse, printers, etc.
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.