Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Knowledge of payroll legislation, taxation rules & compliance and year end reporting.
- 6 to 10 + years payroll / tax experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Understanding of Workday HCM and Payroll
- Expert analytical skills
- Detailed oriented
- Client focused oral and written communication skills
- Well versed in Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication, organization and customer Service Skills
As a Senior Payroll Tax Specialist, you will be responsible for providing support with taxation and payroll-related processing which may include processing payroll and payroll corrections, amending tax returns and working with tax agencies. You'll partner closely with the tax service provider and Payroll Team to ensure company and legal compliance.
- Responsible for the accurate & complete preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for team members
- Audit payroll & tax information and distribute payments to Team Members and third-party vendors appropriately
- Support the processing of regular, commission and bonus payments along with garnishments, remittances, over payments etc.
- Support payroll team with separation payments
- Quarter & Year-end tax documentation processing for employees and government reporting
- Help manage and oversee year-end processing and reporting for W2’s and other government reporting as required
- Support in the audit, preparation & management of payroll-related items
- Support the processing of taxable benefits such as Gifts and Awards, ESPP, SOP and RSU's
- Experience with Stock Purchase plans
- Help manage all month-end and year-end reporting processes, including the review and recording of payroll related journal entries, reconciliation of payroll related accounts and all payroll related remittances and tax account reconciliations
- Support primary contact with government agencies in Canada and US for tax account setups, remittances and reconciliations
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and non-taxable wages
- Available for Team Member payroll questions
- Maintain Team Member confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Process wage garnishment payments and ensure they are entered and maintained accurately in Workday
- Help prepare and review quarterly/annual wage and tax reports for accuracy
- Provide payroll reports as an on needed basis to accounting
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities
- Support audits as necessary- internal and external
- Help facilitate meetings for business process changes and special projects
- Support key points of contact for special projects, earning code/deduction code changes, Workday updates, testing and any business process change
- Ensure compliance with payroll, legal, tax and finance policies and procedures; make recommendations for process improvements
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset and are process oriented.
- Highly organized, work well under pressure, with excellent analytical and strong problem solving skills
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.