Whether it is investing capital to create additional jobs, bringing new life to a building or activating a public space, our philosophy is simple: effect positive change in Detroit and the communities we call home. Rock Ventures is a For-More-Than-Profit organization located in the heart of Detroit. Our mission is to strategically vet and pursue opportunities, align interests and provide key services across the affiliated companies, comprising founder and chairman Dan Gilbert's Rock Family of Companies. As a For-More-Than-Profit organization we believe in doing well by doing good. When it comes to doing well by our team members and the communities we operate in, the question is never “are we doing enough?” The question should always be, “what more can we do?” Our organization seeks to attract diverse talent; engage, develop and retain team members; better engage with the community on issues of race, police brutality, equity and inclusion; and share our commitment so that we can drive the conversation forward.
Apply today to jump into a career that means more than just “going to work.”
- Must be a recently transitioned military veteran, military spouse, or actively serving National Guard or Reservist
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Retail experience
- Inventory management experience
- Shopify or general eCommerce experience
- An interest in fashion/streetwear
- Undergraduate Degree
The Rocket Companies Tour of Duty program is an exclusive 6-month program designed to give recently transitioned military veterans, military spouses, or actively serving National Guard & Reservists the opportunity to gain priceless, hands-on experience at an award-winning company. As a Tour of Duty Associate you'll learn how it feels to be in the civilian workplace, participate in events around the city you'll be working in and become a valuable member of our team. Are you the type of person who strives to make a difference?
- Physical Store Operations:
- Complete all point-of-sale functions as required
- Maintain store appearance, floor inventory and stockroom organization
- Provide a fun, full-service experience to all team members
- eCommerce Operations
- Upload new products and assets as needed
- Oversee the order fulfillment process from receipt to delivery
- Manage and respond to all “customer” service inquiries
- Manage returns and exchanges as needed
- Coordinate with external vendors to ensure accurate and on-time order shipments
- Manage the back-end operations of gift card and discount code programs
- Inventory Management:
- Receive, input and organize all incoming inventory
- Monitor and maintain optimal inventory levels to prevent long out of stocks or overstock situations
- Collaborate with Product managers to determine proper replenishment of products
- Implement inventory control best practices to minimize shrinkage and maximize turnover
- eCommerce Optimization:
- Coordinate with Director and Product Manager to improve website functionality and user experience.
- Collaborate with Product manager to suggest strategies to increase online sales and conversion rates.
- Create a consistent website organizational strategy that will ensure products have the correct naming conventions, tagged appropriately, etc.
- Process Improvement & Quality Control:
- Continuously evaluate and improve operational processes to enhance efficiency
- Implement automation and technology solutions to streamline operations
- Maintain product quality presentation standards in both eCommerce and B&M channels.
- Monitor product returns and defects.
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rock Ventures serves and connects Rocket Mortgage Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert’s portfolio of more than 100 companies. The Family of Companies’ mission is to increase growth, innovation and prosperity in the cities in which its thousands of team members live, work and play. Key initiatives include real estate development, community investments and economic development.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.