Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate industrial cleaning machines
- Ability to lift and move heavy furniture
- Available to work mornings and evenings/overnights, plus weekends, as needed
- Valid driver's license
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning chemicals and machines
- Previous work experience as a carpet cleaning technician
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
As a Carpet and Upholstery Technician, you'll take on the deep cleaning of all carpets in multiple buildings. You'll perform deep cleaning of floors/carpets, minor maintenance duties such as furniture repair with minimum supervision, and act as a liaison for the team leader, property management company and/or vendors.
- Assess the state of the floors and carpets and take appropriate action based on findings
- Apply stain and pre-cleaning treatments to the carpets and floors
- Carefully remove furniture to access all areas that need to be cleaned
- Clean carpets and floors using machine and hand-washing techniques
- Dry carpets using drying machines
- Reset all furniture to previous location prior to cleaning
- Up-sell cleaning services and company products
- Provide invoices and maintain good customer relations
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.