Working for Rocket Mortgage in Canada means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.
As a Technology team member, you’re empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve life’s most complex moments. You’ll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
Apply today to join a team that offers career growth, amazing benefits and the chance to work with leading industry professionals.
- 11 years of experience or equivalent in a software engineering, quality engineering and/or product
- 9 years of experience or equivalent expertise in leading software delivery teams
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology or a related field development, or role in a relevant field
- Recognized excellence in leading and supporting divisional initiatives
- Extensive experience building self-organizing teams that meet organizational engineering and architecture standards
- Accomplished in working with senior leadership while balancing organizational needs and risks in a professional and diplomatic way
- Experience using Agile metrics, such as sustainability, productivity, client delight and responsiveness to understand value stream success
- Demonstrated ability to meet delivery goals spanning multiple divisions with shifting timelines, staffing and dependencies
- Demonstrated ability to advocate on behalf of team members and projects using deliberate, accurate and persuasive language
- Extensive knowledge of people leadership practices, such as change management, recruiting, hiring, performance management, corrective action and compensation administration
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology or a related field
- Certified in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile practices
- Experience mentoring and developing senior leadership
- Extensive knowledge of supported business domains
As the Vice President of Technology, Rocket Mortgage Canada, you'll be a servant leader whose mission is to enable divisions of self-organizing, Agile teams by providing vision, resources and a clear path to accomplish organizational goals. You'll work with the executive team to create the vision, strategy and road map for technology, focusing on speed and innovation. As a Vice President, you'll develop strategic themes and objectives, then ensure all engineering projects, initiatives and processes are aligned to the strategy and setup to succeed. Granted a wide degree of operational latitude, you'll be expected to demonstrate innovation and quality leadership in product, technology and process.
- Lead and mentor value streams of Agile divisions that lean into data-driven experimentation, innovation, quality and craftsmanship
- Lead the maturation of software development and Agile practices in the organization
- Identify organizational requirements for changes to systems, structures and culture necessary to support agility and adaptability
- Promote iterative, thoughtful decision-making within self-organized teams
- Stay informed of trends and changes in the broader technology, business and regulatory landscapes
- Develop short-, mid- and long-term key results with multiple divisions to achieve value stream objectives
- Assist value stream leaders in balancing enterprise risk and agility
- Identify roadblocks preventing success of strategic themes or objectives and work with appropriate stakeholders to find resolutions
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities
- Ensure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame
- Ensure that product is designed for specific needs, built with viability for future expansion
- Collaborate with senior value stream leadership to establish a mission aligned with the company vision
- Communicate and promote the culture and mission of the company
- Understand and plan for the product roadmap, and maintain awareness of broader technical and business changes impacting the value stream
- Use operational trends and organizational goals to develop strategic themes and value stream objectives
- Oversee and calibrate divisional talent acquisition roadmaps and succession plans for the value stream
- Prepare and deliver reviews, compensation adjustments and promotions
- Oversee and calibrate training, development plans and pairing activities to onboard and upskill the value stream brainforce
- Mentor and support team members on any of the above responsibilities
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.