Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
As a Technology team member, you’re empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve life’s most complex moments. You’ll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- 3 years in a technical IT security role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to drive change and update stakeholders
- Strong sense of urgency when working with critical systems
- Excellent attention to detail when documenting processes and changes
- Understanding of IT constructs, including servers, networking, operating systems, development, storage and cloud technologies
- Understanding of information security constructs, including encryption, identity and access, risk analysis, threat hunting, vulnerability management, CASB, DLP, IDS/IPS, SOAR, SIEM, WAF, governance, exploitations and threat landscapes
- Experience managing, monitoring and tuning Web Application Firewalls for critical web applications
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Akamai’s suite of Web Application Security products
- Understanding of the security risks for web applications (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Understanding of web application architecture and design, including caching, DNS, APIs, assets, etc.
- Firm grasp on cloud architecture and cloud resources
- Strong ability to distinguish between legitimate, unnecessary and malicious web traffic
- Experience utilizing scripting languages for automation and process improvement
As an Information Security Engineer, you'll help interpret and communicate risk. You'll also create solutions that will keep the clients and company safe and secure. You'll communicate regularly with IT teams to ensure the right controls are implemented at the right time.
- Assist software development architects on secure coding and architecture practices
- Assist with metric collection and application methodologies for internal information risk management efforts
- Consult with teams to ensure data is properly handled throughout our environment
- Collaborate with business, technology, project management, architecture and information security teams to deliver secure solutions that support our business
- Serve as a liaison between the business and IT for technical security projects
- Stay current on information security practices
- Perform qualitative risk assessments on systems and applications
- Work with information security analysts to ensure visibility and security controls are implemented and maintained
- Maintain organization’s information security tools
- Enhance technologies and processes for information security analysts
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.