Whether it is investing capital to create additional jobs, bringing new life to a building or activating a public space, our philosophy is simple: effect positive change in Detroit and the communities we call home. Rock Ventures is a For-More-Than-Profit organization located in the heart of Detroit. Our mission is to strategically vet and pursue opportunities, align interests and provide key services across the affiliated companies, comprising founder and chairman Dan Gilbert's Rock Family of Companies. As a For-More-Than-Profit organization we believe in doing well by doing good. When it comes to doing well by our team members and the communities we operate in, the question is never “are we doing enough?” The question should always be, “what more can we do?” Our organization seeks to attract diverse talent; engage, develop and retain team members; better engage with the community on issues of race, police brutality, equity and inclusion; and share our commitment so that we can drive the conversation forward.
NF Forward is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded by Jennifer and Dan Gilbert in 2017. It shares a vision with the Gilbert Family Foundation to eradicate neurofibromatosis by funding groundbreaking, cutting-edge NF research. NF Forward’s signature event is beNeFit, a major gala held at Huntington Center in downtown Detroit every November. Since 2013, beNeFits I-VIII raised over $55 million for NF research and attracted more than 1,700 supporters annually to join the fight to end NF.
Apply today to jump into a career that means more than just “going to work.”
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Prior Non-Profit experience
- Non-Profit Certification
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available for the full time internship time frame – May to December 2024
As an NF Forward Intern, you'll support the team in executing beNeFit, the organization’s annual gala, on projects including the auction, sponsorship and event planning, revenue management, social media and all relevant tasks.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the acquisition of auction items for the gala, reporting, communications, and project management
- Validate payments, verifies donation pledges, manages credit card transactions, assists with revenue reports
- Assist in reviewing and editing email copy, building email templates, reconciling email lists, managing donor file updates
- Assist Sponsorship Manager in managing guest forms, including table lists, number of guests, and dinner preferences
- Assist in maintaining calendars, drafting and editing posts, creating assets and templates, following donors and sponsors
- Assist in the maintenance of Salesforce health checks, payments, document templates, data management
- Assist in beNeFit fundraising reporting, verifying data and supporting report execution
- Assist in additional miscellaneous projects related to NF Forward and beNeFit
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rock Ventures serves and connects Rocket Mortgage Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert’s portfolio of more than 100 companies. The Family of Companies’ mission is to increase growth, innovation and prosperity in the cities in which its thousands of team members live, work and play. Key initiatives include real estate development, community investments and economic development.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.