- 5 years of compliance and/or auditing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment, internal controls and auditing
- General knowledge of information technology general controls and data analytics
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Comfortable with building audit programs and testing workpapers in new areas
- Able to effectively interface with peers, internal stakeholders, and leadership
- Big 4/Public Accounting experience
- Experience in mortgage industry and consumer regulatory compliance auditing
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other related certifications
- Technical experience using Audit Command Language (ACL) or similar data mining tool
As Lead Internal Auditor, you will have the responsibility of understanding business processes and controls, planning, overseeing, and executing audits, testing internal controls, and working with leadership to identify solutions to mitigate risk in a rapidly growing, public company. You'll report to Internal Audit leadership.
- Plan, execute, and oversee compliance, operational and financial internal audits to determine adherence to guidelines and regulations, as well as evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls
- Execute and oversee all steps of the audit process, including risk assessment, scoping, planning, audit program development, execution and review of audit procedures and communicating audit results to senior leadership
- Work with teams throughout the company to identify process improvements that lead to cost savings or revenue enhancement opportunities
- Review and perform detailed and analytical testing
- Review and evaluate corporate policies for compliance and internal auditing standards with applicable regulations, keeping the team up to date on industry standards
- Review and evaluate corporate policies
- Identify and report control issues and communicate best practices to senior leadership
- Lead special projects that arise on an ad-hoc basis
- Meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively for themselves and their team
- Lead training, mentorship and coaching for team members
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.