Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
As a Technology team member, you’re empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve life’s most complex moments. You’ll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
Apply today to join a team that offers career growth, amazing benefits and the chance to work with leading industry professionals.
- Deep knowledge of Linux-based operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Rocky, Alma, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian): Package management, SELinux, logging, performance tuning/monitoring, troubleshooting
- Firm grasp of Ansible and/or Bash (preferred) or another configuration/scripting/programming language like Python, Terraform, PowerShell, C#/.NET, etc.
- Thorough understanding of computer networking (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP/UDP, IPv4/IPv6, OSI model)
- Understands physical hardware and infrastructure architecture in a data center environment
- Understands client-server architecture with relation to web/app servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure platforms
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with technologies and services like Elasticache, Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Simple Storage Service (S3) and Lambda
- Prior experience working in a customer-facing role and/or helpdesk
- Working knowledge of any of the following: VMware, Redis and/or other caching technologies, VMware, Splunk, Azure DevOps, PowerBI, Dynatrace, ServiceNow, or PagerDuty
- Knowledge of agile development and delivery processes
- Experience working with a continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) platform like CircleCI, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, or GitHub Actions. Alternatively, experience with a job scheduling/orchestration platform like Rundeck or Tidal
- Working knowledge of the Windows Server family of operating systems
As a Systems Engineer at Rocket Central, you will be responsible for building, integrating, and troubleshooting Enterprise Linux infrastructure as well as ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support the entire portfolio of companies that comprise Rocket Companies. An ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the Enterprise Linux operating system, an automation-first mentality, learns quickly, and thinks outside the box with familiar and unfamiliar technologies.
A team member in this role will be part of our Platform Engineering team, helping drive vision and strategy for the Enterprise Linux platform as well as managing day-to-day operations. A typical day could include troubleshooting a connection between a database and a web server, building playbooks for common infrastructure patterns and setting/championing standards for things like alerting, vulnerability management and a variety of other activities related to the configuration and health of the operating system.
While Enterprise Linux is the primary focus of this role, a team member in this position can work on a wide variety of other operating systems and infrastructure technology depending on the needs of the business and their own desires.
- Collaborate with application teams and other infrastructure engineers to build, maintain and troubleshoot infrastructure in our private and public clouds using a wide array of proprietary and open-source technologies
- Install, support and configure systems or applications that make our team members productive
- Partner with the business and other technology teams to develop, champion and support new technologies
- Develop automation to handle complex, time-consuming workflows and processes
- Write documentation and record knowledge of systems that the team supports
- Participate in an on-call rotation every 13-16 weeks
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.