Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business information systems, a related degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years of experience with prod workload in AWS ecosystem
- Experience with PostgreSQL 11 and above
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 and above
- Experience with maintaining AWS RDS and Aurora instances
- In-depth understanding of the database engine and strong performance tuning skills
- Troubleshooting experience with PostgreSQL and SQL Server high availability solutions
- Strong experience working with Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Troubleshoot service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends.
- Strong sense of personal accountability for results
- Experience with Infrastructure as a code (IAC) such as terraform, or Cloud-formation is an added advantage
- Familiarity with database CICD process, concept, and tools
- Understanding of NoSQL databases is an added advantage.
- 1 year of experience with SQL Server T-SQL coding
- 1 year of experience with SQL Server database administration
- 1 year of experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- 1 year of programming experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in the Azure management platform
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
As a Database Administrator, you will ensure the databases that support our technology systems perform efficiently and are designed to be highly available.
- Work with our developers and business analysts to create and modify our database structure
- Monitor the performance of the database servers
- On-call support on a rotation basis
- Strong understanding and ability to configure and troubleshoot physical and logical replication in PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding and ability to configure and troubleshoot log shipping and Always-on HA solutions in SQL Server
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks both in on-premises and cloud
- Familiarity with deploying and managing PostgreSQL, SQL Server in cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), preferably AWS
- Perform database maintenance tasks, including backups/restores, updating statistics, rebuilding indexes, etc.
- Work with our data engineers to help map data in our production databases to our data warehouse
- Maintain system security and data integrity
- Work with our systems engineers to ensure optimal hardware and storage subsystems
- Develop, manage, and maintain a strong disaster recovery and high availability plan
- Install, upgrade, and patch the database servers
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Participate in production code pushes
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado, New York City, California, and Washington Candidates Only. The salary range for this position is seventy thousand dollars to one hundred forty-seven thousand five hundred dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K retirement plan, and paid-time off. More information regarding these benefits and others can be found here. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position.
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies®, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, we’re not your typical employer. We’ll provide you with everything you need to make sure you’re successful here.